> Exam Tasks / Sample Tests /
The following test samples are meant to illustrate the wide variety of text and task types of the ECL exam.
At all four levels reading and listening comprehension skills are assessed with the following task types:
- multiple choice type when the right answer has to be chosen from among several answers given to a question or when finishing a sentence;
- matching short parts of sentences;
- a summary, a subtitle of a short text;
- it is also expected from the candidates to give short answers to questions asked based on the reading or listening texts, or finish sentences based on the reading or listening texts;
- in the reading comprehension tasks gap filling can also occur.
At level A2 (rarely at level B1) reading and listening comprehension skills can also be assessed with the help of selecting and matching type tasks based on pictures.
In the composition/writing tasks candidates do the tasks with the help of 3-6 guidelines. At level A2 visual stimuli, pictures can be used instead of verbal stimuli.